Reservations are accepted up to one year in advance, and reservation dates will be confirmed. CIVR will make every effort to honor rates and property assignments; however the potential for circumstances beyond our control makes the guarantee of rates and property assignments impossible.
Catalina Island Vacation Rentals (CIVR) reserves the right to change property assignments if circumstances beyond our control make your reserved property unavailable. CIVR will attempt to reassign you to another property of comparable quality, however since our vacation rentals in Avalon and Hamilton Cove are privately owned, we cannot guarantee such.
We request and keep on file a credit card number (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) with signed authorization from you in addition to the Security Deposit Waiver. Your credit card will be charged for any excessive cleaning, intentional or negligent damage to the property or its contents, Home Owner Association fines based on infractions of Association Rules and Regulations during your stay, traffic fines, or other guest expenses incurred during your stay, and if there are any violations of the rental agreement. If the rental property does not experience any of the above, NO charge will be made, for same, to your credit card.
Any reservations booked within 180 days of arrival will be 50 % (of the total) at time of booking, with the balance due 45 nights prior to arrival.
Any reservations booked MORE than 180 days prior to arrival will be 25% at time of booking, 25% 180 days prior to arrival, and the balance due 45 nights prior to arrival.
If the reservation is booked more than 120 days prior to arrival, the guest can cancel within 90 days from the day they booked for the standard $75 cancellation fee. If the reservation is made less than 120 days prior to arrival, the guest can cancel up to 30 days before their arrival date for the standard $75 cancellation fee. If guest wants to cancel outside of this window, they are still liable for the balance. We can attempt to re‐book and if the property is re‐rented for the cancelled nights, they will receive a refund for those nights minus a 10% admin fee, as well as the $75 cancellation fee.
CIVR offers Guest Cancellation Insurance. Click to view our Guest Cancellation Insurance.
When selecting your vacation home, please carefully observe the number of people the property sleeps. Each rental property has a maximum occupancy as established by Avalon Transient Rentals Ordinance. You must register the number and names of guests occupying the property when completing the reservation paperwork. Children are counted in the total occupancy. Undisclosed guests and/or over-occupancy are considered serious violations of your lease and may result in a charge against your security deposit and/or the immediate termination of occupancy without refund.
Only responsible adults 21 years or older may contract for rental. We do not rent to fraternities, sororities, or other non-family or unrelated groups or persons. ABSOLUTELY NO HOUSE PARTIES ALLOWED. Guests disturbing the quiet of others or in violation of any of the aforementioned will be immediately evicted without refund.
CIVR reserves the right to substitute comparable accommodations without notice or liability should the reserved property be "out of order" or no longer on our list of active rentals. When comparable accommodations are not available, the renter will have the option of selecting from available properties at the published rates or receiving a full refund.
Termination of Rental
CIVR reserves the right to refund rents, refuse rental, or terminate occupancy if, in our sole discretion, the occupancy may be or is detrimental to the property. NO REFUND will be given if occupancy is terminated as a result of violation of our rental regulations or if the reservation was obtained under false pretenses.
CIVR makes every effort to carefully maintain all vacation rentals and the equipment therein. Just like in your own home, however, unexpected and/or untimely failures of equipment and appliances may occur. If something is not working properly, please call our office and report the problem. We will attempt to correct the failure as quickly as is reasonably possible, and we ask for your patience and understanding in the interim. We cannot guarantee the condition of televisions, VCRs, stereos, appliances, golf carts, or other equipment, or the condition of pools and hot tubs/spas in condominium complexes. NO REFUND or RATE ADJUSTMENT will be made for mechanical failure of any kind.
(The following applies only to rental properties that come with complimentary use of a golf cart.)
As set forth in the "Binding Golf Cart Agreement," the use of the golf cart with your vacation home is a privilege. If the privilege is abused or the rules violated, you will forfeit the use of the golf cart for the rest of your stay. In addition, fines may be assessed against your credit card/security deposit.
- Each driver of the golf cart MUST be 21 years old and MUST have a valid driver's license and proof of current automobile insurance. Golf carts are not toys, and they MUST NOT be used to teach children how to drive.
- The golf cart accommodates only four (4) people (including children) unless it's the one property that has a two-person golf cart or the one property that has a six-passenger golf cart. If there are more than four guests staying in the vacation home, you will either need to make more than one trip to transport all guests, take a taxi or water taxi (at your expense), or walk.
- DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED IN GOLF CART AT ANY TIME.
- Golf carts are subject to ALL motor vehicle laws, the same as for automobiles, including but not limited to the prohibition of open containers of alcohol and driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- You are responsible for the safe operation of the golf cart.
- You are contractually responsible for any loss or damage to the golf cart itself, your person or property, and the persons or property of others.
- It is your responsibility to fill the golf cart with unleaded gas before your departure. The only gas station is located just past the heliport. It is open every day from 9 AM to 1 PM and from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Pay attention to all street signs and curb markings in Avalon. There are designated street sweeping days, time limits for parking, and NO PARKING zones. You will be responsible for paying all moving and parking violations.
- Call us immediately if the golf cart breaks down during your stay. We will make every effort to get it repaired; however we will not be responsible for extended down time nor for reimbursement of alternate transportation. We CANNOT supply a replacement cart.
- Please safely store the golf cart cover during your stay, and place the cover on the cart before your departure. If the cart has side curtains, please DO NOT REMOVE them. To have open air, unzip and roll up the sides and back and secure with the tabs. Damage to or loss of side curtains or golf cart covers will be charged to you.
- If you need a car seat for your child, please bring the car seat with you.
Click to view CIVR's Binding Golf Cart Agreement. This Agreement must be filled out, signed, and returned to CIVR's office along with the signed property Rental Contract before golf cart keys will be issued.
Consideration of Neighbors
Many of our vacation rentals in Avalon are located next to or near the homes of full-time island residents. Please be a good neighbor and remain aware of the noise level of your group. Outside, unenclosed areas (decks, patios, porches, yards, etc.) are mandated NO NOISE zones between midnight and 8:00 AM according to Avalon City Ordinance. If you are renting a home in a condominium complex (Hamilton Cove, Bahia Vista, Sol Vista, Canyon Terrace), the hours for NO NOISE zones are 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM, as per the homeowners associations' regulations. Unruly or loud guest behavior may result in a fine charged against your security deposit and/or the immediate termination of occupancy without refund.
Pet Policy - Dogs
We love our pets as much as you love yours, and most of our homes welcome these members of your family. You must inform us if you wish to bring your dog. We will request information about your dog, and may need to procure owner approval prior to confirming your reservation. An additional pet charge will apply, and an additional refundable deposit may apply. If you bring a pet without prior approval, entire deposit is forfeited and you may be subject to additional fees, so be sure to tell us if you plan to bring your dog.
Pet Policy - Cats
Sorry, our standard policy is no cats, but sometimes we are able to say yes! It is much more difficult to obtain owner approval for Fluffy. However, from time to time certain owners will approve cats in their home. Generally, an additional deposit of $500.00 is required and a pet charge will also be applied. If you bring a pet without prior approval, entire deposit is forfeited and you may be subject to additional fees, so be sure to tell us if you plan to bring your cat.
Pet Policy - Other Animals
Although many of our homes do not accept pets other than dogs, we are always willing to ask an owner to make an exception if you have a pet you would like to bring. Please feel free to ask for these special exceptions.
ALL of our homes are NON-SMOKING properties. If you are a smoker, we ask that you please restrict your smoking to outside areas only and properly and safely dispose of cigarette butts (ash trays, etc.). Violation of this policy will result in a charge against your security deposit.
Enforcement of Policies
As a destination resort, we have limited opportunity to sell last minute reservations. In the weeks prior to your arrival, we may have turned away other guests to guarantee your reservation. Because we have a limited ability to resell accommodations on a short-term basis, late arrivals and early departures will not result in a refund. All deposit policies are strictly enforced.
Management (CIVR) will not be responsible for accidents, injuries and loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.